New Mimaki TS300P-1800 inkjet printer takes the high mix low volume stage in booming textile market
Cologne, Germany – May 18, 2015
Mimaki today announced the availability of the TS300P-1800 inkjet printer. This 1,8m wide roll-to-roll sublimation inkjet printer is a dedicated transfer paper printer, offering new levels of quality and productivity in digital textile printing. The Mimaki TS300P-1800 will begin shipping in July 2015. Mimaki is located on Stand U5-T11 at the show, and will be featuring well-dressed mannequins clothed in vibrant TS300P-1800 printed textiles.
“With the textile market booming, Mimaki has placed even more attention on bringing innovative digital textile printing solutions to market,” said Mike Horsten, General Manager Marketing EMEA at Mimaki Europe, “and the result is the brand-new TS300P-1800 printer. Visitors to our stand will see real-world examples of printed textiles that bring to life the promise of digital for this market. We are very excited about the speed, quality and throughput that can be attained with the TS300P-1800 and believe it will find a warm reception among a wide range of fashion and other textile users.”
Technological features that anticipate everyday reality
The TS300P-1800 brings a number of new capabilities to textile printing, including:
• The ability to print on very lightweight transfer paper for lower running costs with a powerful vacuum feed platen that reduces cockling.
• High productivity at 115 m2/h maximum print speed at 4 colour printing (62 m2/h with 6 colour printing)
• Four print heads with a total of 3200 nozzles and up to 3 different drop sizes, automatically determined by ink type and print mode; accurate dot placement even with high head gap printing (adjustable from 2 to 7 mm).
• Continuous quality printing is assured with the automatic Nozzle Recovery System should a clogged nozzle occur that cannot be addressed by the printer’s automatic nozzle cleaning system.
• The newly developed sublimation transfer ink Sb410, available in bulk ink packs and an Uninterrupted Ink Supply System that ensures continuous printing even when unattended.
• External dryer that delivers up to 30% faster drying.
• Highly reliable unattended printing at up to 115 m2/h for reduced labour costs.
• Exceptional colour management including colour replacement, accurate profile creation and fast file processing with the new Tx3Link RIP. The printer and RIP can be in different locations to facilitate more efficient system management and operation. The status of multiple printers can be monitored remotely from desktop or mobile devices. The Tx3Link RIP also enables accurate calculation of ink costs and print finish time as well as automatic nesting.
“This new printer brings so many innovations to the textile printing market that it is hard to summarize them all,” Horsten added. “We encourage FESPA attendees to stop by to see this outstanding product for themselves. We’re so confident about its quality we even dressed up the mannequins on our stand in Mimaki printed textile. Digital textile printing is taking over the textile retail market, starting with sporting apparel. Mimaki is ready for this evolution with the brand-new TS300P-1800.”