Mimaki Brings Profitable Sign/Display Graphics Printing to Emerging Markets with SWJ-320 3.2 Meter Grand Format Printers
Amsterdam, April 5, 2012
Mimaki Engineering Co.,Ltd., a leading manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers, today added to its rapidly growing portfolio of wide format inkjet printers that give sign and display graphics operators a competitive advantage in today’s dynamic market. Two new models, the SWJ-320 S2 and the SWJ-320 S3 are targeted at signage markets in emerging markets, primarily China Southeast Asia and Latin America. These new printers offer a unique print quality in the grand format segment that is ideally suited to the needs of these markets. The new printers are expected to be available in May of 2012 and are currently only available in non EU countries.
“We have specifically designed these new printers based on customer input from emerging markets,” said Mike Horsten, Marketing Manager of Mimaki Europe. “With these new entries to the market, Mimaki is ideally placed to be the best partner for sign and display graphics operations in these countries, giving them an edge in addressing a rapidly expanding market opportunity. Our printers are specifically tuned to meet the needs of those specific markets.”
Product Details SWJ-320 Series
The SWJ-320 printer comes in two models based on print speeds. The standard model, SWJ-320 S2, features two in-line printheads, while the high-speed model, the SWJ-320 S4 has a staggered array of four print heads. Other product details include:
- Variable print modes. These printers can be operated in a variety of print modes, ranging from draft mode (360×600 dpi) to high quality mode (1080×1200 dpi), meeting the needs for a wide range of applications and price points. Both models are capable of printing either indoor or outdoor signage. Furthermore, at speeds of up to 84.6 square meters per hour, the SWJ-320 S4 model is highly productive, opening the door to a profitable grand format business.
- Variable ink dots. The ability of these printers to produce variable size ink dots, with a 7 picolitre minimum dot size, ensures beautiful print results without a grainy appearance. This enables the SWJ-320 S2/S4 printers to meet the increasing quality demanded by clients.
- Signature Mimaki maintainability. Mimaki’s reputation for ease of maintenance is one key purchase reason for clients. The new SWJ-320 family has proven nozzle maintenance functions including pressure purging, automatic suction and automatic wiping. In addition, the nozzle recovery function temporarily recovers the print operation without long pause, even if the nozzles are clogged.
- Affordable CS100 solvent ink. CS100 ink, available in 2-liter bottles, is not only more affordable than conventional ink cartridges, but the ink has exceptional stability and low propensity to clog nozzles. The CS100 inks also bring the same high Mimaki standards for colour accuracy, image durability and weather tolerance found in conventional Mimaki solvent inks.
- Accelerated drying. The SWJ-320 S2/S4 printers are equipped with three heaters and a drying fan, accelerating the drying time of printed media. Additionally, fluorescent lights are assembled above the printing area to make it easy for operators to check print media under controlled lighting conditions.
- Standard user friendly RIP “RasterLink 6″– The RasterLink6 can be handled intuitively and without difficulty. Print and other conditions can easily be set with related settings consolidated into a single window. In addition, stored layouts can be reused at any time by using the “Register as Favorite” designation. The colour replacement function enhances the ability to re-create printed images, as selected colours from the colour charts of RasterLink 6 can be added into swatches of Illustrator. The colour matching system matches the measured colour to an almost identical colour from the colour profile of RasterLink 6. There is also a colour printing simulation function, allowing users to simulate printing colours in Illustrator/Photoshop without actually printing. This latest function requires MPM2 (Mimaki Profile Master 2). The integration of RasterLink 6 with these new printers enables users to save both time and money in the design and production process.
SWJ-320 S2/S4 Specifications
On-demand Piezo head：
On-demand Piezo head：
4 color (CMYK)
|Maximum drop size||
|Minimum drop size||
2.0~4.0 mm*Manual adjustment
Eco-solvent ink (CS100)
Bottle (2,000 ml)
|Maximum print width||
|Maximum media width||
Feed: 100kg or under /Take up: 40kg or under
Provided (with heater)
|Outer dimension (mm)||
W:4,560 x D:1,200 x H:1,405 mm
|Main unit weight||
600kg or under
|Power consumption/Power source||
Main unit：AC200~240V 5A or under
Main heater：AC200~240V 10A or under
Drying faun unit：AC200~240V 14A or under
RasterLink6 Operating environment
|OS||WindowsVista HomePremium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate edition SP2 or later32bit/64bit|
|Windows7 HomePremium/Business/Ultimate,32bit/64bit (Enterprise/Basic, Starter is not supported)|
|CPU||Intel Core i7 (2.66GHz or higher recommended)|
|Chip set||Intel genuine chip set|
|Memory||32bit:1GB (2GB or higher recommended)64bit:3GB (6GB or higher recommended)|
|HDD||160GB (160GB or higher recommended)|
|USB port||Bundled version: No need Dongle version: 1 port|
|Monitor||Screen size 1366×768 or higher|
|Format||TIFF (α channel), JPEG, BMP, EPS, PS, PDF|
More details about Mimaki products can be found at the Mimaki product page.
Specifications, design and dimensions stated in this release may be subject to change without prior notice (for technical improvements etc.).