Amsterdam, March 7, 2016
UJV55-320 delivers vibrant colour, high opacity for outstanding backlit and other signage
Mimaki, the global industry leader and manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutting plotters, announces the introduction of a brand-new 3.2 meter roll-to-roll inkjet printer. The Mimaki UJV55-320 uses UV-curable ink, cured with a low-energy LED light array. This results in sign and display graphics that exit the printer dry and are immediately ready for further processing, significantly reducing production cycle times. In addition, UV-curable inks emit no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), minimising its environmental footprint.
“Large indoor signs backlit with energy-efficient LED lights are growing in popularity in locations such as airports, train stations and commercial facilities as brand owners move to more environmentally sustainable advertising,” says Mike Horsten, General Manager of Marketing for Mimaki EMEA. “The new UJV55-320 is ideal for these applications, and we are very excited to bring it to market. Users will be especially pleased with the image opacity and broad colour gamut this outstanding printer delivers. And even better, we think it offers the best price/performance in its class, ensuring profitable operations.”
A versatile player for sign & display applications
The Mimaki UJV55-320 is an affordable roll-fed wide format printer that delivers speeds of up to 110 m2/h and print resolutions of up to 1200 dpi, depending on the substrates. Instant-curing UV inks enable post-processing and operations immediately after printing, which helps shorten the operation time and improve productivity altogether. The UJV55-320 also features:
- Cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white, light cyan and light magenta inks that can be configured in a 4-colour mode or 6-colour set plus white. Light cyan and light magenta inks reduce grainy appearance in light colours and ensure smooth gradations.
- White ink allows printing high quality, vibrant results on transparent and coloured media. The three-layer colour-white-colour printing is especially suitable for production of applications such as window graphics and backlit signs. It enables beautiful colour reproduction for backlit signs during day and night. Moreover, white-only printing is also an option for a stylish look or use on dark substrates. Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) maintains white ink print quality and reduces ink waste.
- Built-in LED lights that make it more efficient for operators to check printing quality of backlit signage during the production run, simulating their installed look and reducing waste and rework.
- Automatic detection of nozzle faults and cleaning and/or nozzle substitution for high quality uninterrupted printing.
- Twin roll capability, enabling printing on two separate rolls of the same media for simultaneous printing of two different jobs. Media rolls in twin roll operation can range from 210 to 1,524 mm in width, with the distance between the two rolls being automatically detected for faultless performance.
- RasterLink 6 software with a patented dithering technique and Mimaki Advanced Pass System (MAPS) for higher quality and reduced banding, even at high print speeds and during longer print runs.
“The UJV55-320 is a best-in-class printer that leverages Mimaki’s significant print technology expertise,” Horsten adds, “bringing into one printer an accumulation of the many innovations we have developed over the years. It is the perfect complement to existing sign and display graphics production platforms as well as an affordable market entry for operations looking for new sign and display graphics revenue streams.”
The UJV55-320 will be exhibited on the Mimaki booth (Hall 1, stand E15) at FESPA Digital 2016, taking place from 8th – 11th March 2016 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.