EU REACH Directive & Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
REACH is an EU Regulation on chemicals and their safe use (EC 1907/2006). It deals with the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical Substances. The Regulation entered into force on 1 June 2007. The objective of REACH is to ensure that chemicals, during their full life cycle, are managed in ways that no significant risks to man and environment occur. REACH has been designed to manage and control the potential hazards and risks to man and the environment from the manufacture, import and use of chemicals.
Mimaki is aware of the responsibility to be in compliance with the REACH regulations.
As a part of this directive Mimaki Europe provides Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for its products which contain chemical components. The MSDS sheets contain information on safe handling, transport, storage & first aid. These MSDS are updated on a regular basis:
For end users
Please be in contact with your local authorized Mimaki dealer, who will provide you with the necessary MSDS in your local language.
For dealers & distributors
To access our MSDS sheets, you will now be required to download an FTP client application such as FileZilla Client.
Host: ftp.mimakieurope.com [18.104.22.168]
Port: TCP/21, TCP/25000-29999 (range)
If you don’t have a login yet, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact your sales representative.
Step-by-step instructions for downloading MSDS sheets
If you require more detailed instructions on how to download our MSDS sheets using an FTP client application, please refer to the below step-by-step manual.
To access our MSDS sheets, you will now be required to use an FTP client application that supports secured traffic (FTP over TLS). Mimaki Europe advises to use the freeware application FileZilla, which is available on Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX platform.
The ftp server address is: ftp.mimakieurope.com
Setup of the FTP client FileZilla
After installation, go to: File and click on: Site Manager…
A new window will appear, where you will need to take the following steps:
Click on the left bottom button on New Site and give it a filename. For example: Mimaki FTP.
On the right-hand side, set the following:
- Protocol: FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- Host: ftp.mimakieurope.com (copy & paste)
- Port: 21
- Encryption: Require explicit FTP over TLS
- Login type: Ask for password
- User: your username
Now, click on the Connect button to initiate the connection.
It will then ask you to enter in your password. Enter and press OK.
You may get the below notification. Simply click OK.
If you would like to connect in the future to our site, follow the steps below:
- Open the Site Manager through the File menu
- Select the Mimaki site entry and click to Connect to the named site (eg. Mimaki FTP)
Before reaching out to us to assist you with connecting to the FTP, please verify the following:
- Check if you use an FTP client that supports FTP over TLS –
Note: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox are not supported.
- Ensure you are using the right username and password
- Check with your IT representative that a connection allows the following TCP ports to our FTP server:
- FTP Server: ftp.mimakieurope.com
- Port: TCP/21, TCP/25000-29999 (range)
- FTP type: FTP over explicit TLS
- Delete the trusted certificate cache file ‘trustedcerts.xml’ at ‘C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla’ (%APPDATA%\FileZilla\trustedcerts.xml).
- You checked the latest instructions to connect to our FTP at: https://www.mimakieurope.com/msds/
If the above fails, please contact us <firstname.lastname@example.org> and provide the following information:
- Username that is used (password is not needed)
- Name of the FTP application (eg. FileZilla)
- The connection settings you are using (screenshot)
- Provide the error message and/or error log (provide screenshot)