Answer: If you operate the printer without removing the static, it will cause defective printing or machine failure.
1. Problems caused by Static:
– Droplets fired from print head are placed to wrong spots, resulting in blur printing.
– Ink mist may adhere to crucial components, giving the printer significant damages.
– Adhesion of mist to Print head may cause “nozzle clogging” or “nozzle deflection”, giving you
higher chance to replace the Print head.
– If ink mist adheres to the bottom side of carriage, “ink dripping” on the surface of media may
be caused during the print.
2. This is how you remove static:
– You can reduce static on the surface of media by attaching static eliminator to the unit.
Product name: Ionizer Kit (Product code: OPT-J0342)
Please see the details in “Q: What kind of optional unit is available?”
– Increase the room humidity and check the outcome.
*Set the humidity to the range of 35～65％Rh, as stated in the machine specification.
– Make sure that your printer has ground connection.
*Bring your electrical worker to check the connection.
– If you wipe the surface of media with a cloth soaked with rubbing alcohol, it will
reduce the static. But the wiper trace may come out after printing.
*Also noted that if you install the printer on carpeted floor, it may accumulate static.