New Mimaki Printer Brings Stunning Quality, Flexibility to Wide Format Eco-Solvent and Sublimation Inkjet Printing
FESPA Digital 2014 Eco-solvent innovation with new inks and printheads drives extreme quality, flexibility for JV300-130/160 wide format printers
Munich, May 15, 2014
Mimaki today announced the availability of the of eco-solvent inkjet wide format printers. The JV300-130/160 is compatible with solvent and water-based sublimation inks, and provides a wide range of applications including outdoor signage, posters, interior decorating and vehicle wrapping. Shown for the first time at FESPA Digital 2014, these printers produce stunning quality output at 1.3 and 1.6 meters wide, respectively, at up to 105.9 square meters per hour, using brand-new inks and printheads. The Mimaki JV300-130/160 will begin shipping in June of 2014. Mimaki Europe is located on Stand A1-110 at the show.
“Mimaki was the first company to bring solvent inkjet to wide format printing,” said Mike Horsten, General Manager Marketing EMEA for Mimaki Europe, “Since that time, we have continued to bring innovation to this space, including increased quality, flexibility and environmental sustainability. In addition to the amazing eco-solvent inkjet printing quality that can be achieved with this new family of printers, these printers are also extremely flexible as they can be used for both eco-solvent and water-based sublimation printing. This makes return on investment and the profitable development of new applications faster and easier than ever before for sign and display graphics businesses of all sizes.”
Sign and display graphics businesses will appreciate the functionality and quality delivered by these innovative printers, including:
- Brand-new print heads that can easily manage both solvent and water-based inks for a broad range of wide format printing applications.
- Two different ink types that support a wide range of materials and applications. This includes:
- SS21 eco-solvent ink in CMYK, light cyan, light magenta and white. Newly-developed inks are also available in orange and light black to extend the color gamut and improve gradation performance. High-density printing and fast drying time enable more throughput and shorter production cycles without blocking or bleeding.
- Sb53 water-based sublimation inks for printing on textiles, producing bright colors and enabling high-density printing. The ideal print material is polyester, which is used for apparel fabric, sports uniforms, swimsuits and soft signage. The sedimentary degree of the Sb53 ink is lower than a conventional sublimation ink, resulting in a much more stable print without uneven colours.
- The ability to lay down a denser layer of solvent white ink, producing excellent opacity and brilliant colors on either transparent or dark/opaque materials.
- Newly developed SS21 orange ink which can be used as a process color to closely match 92% of the PANTONE™ color chart. Thanks to a wider color gamut with orange ink, food freshness can be better simulated and corporate colors can be faithfully represented.
- New light black inks and superior gray-balance control produce accurate grayscale printing without unexpected color shifts. Smooth, non-grainy skin tones and grayscale gradation are highlights of this new printing capability.
“The secret is out, and we are extremely excited about the opportunities opened up for sign and display graphics businesses by these new printers,” Horsten added. “We expect them to generate a great deal of excitement at FESPA Digital 2014, where the leading producers of digital wide format printing are gathered to find new and innovative ways to grow their businesses. With this new range of printers we create new opportunities for our users and again Mimaki will be at the forefront of the industry with exciting new technologies and reliability enhancements.”